- 1 DOTA 2
- 1.0.1 TOP DOTA2 BETTING SITES
- 22.214.171.124 Dota2 –Introduction to eSports Betting
- 126.96.36.199 Game mechanics –How is Dota 2 played?
- 188.8.131.52 General Introduction to betting on the game
- 184.108.40.206 Where can I bet online on Dota 2?
- 220.127.116.11 When can bets be placed?
- 18.104.22.168 What type of bets can be placed?
- 22.214.171.124 With what do you bet?
- 126.96.36.199 What should one take note of when betting on eSports?
- 1.0.2 HOT TOPICS
- 1.0.3 LATEST NEWS
- 1.0.4 LIVE MATCHES AND ODDS – BET NOW AND GET 100% UP TO 500€
- 1.0.5 BEST BONUSES
- 1.0.6 HOT TOPICS
- 1.0.1 TOP DOTA2 BETTING SITES
- 1.1 Dota 2 esports Betting explained
- 1.2 Dota 2 Betting FAQ:
- 1.2.1 What is Dota 2?
- 1.2.2 Why should I consider Dota 2 betting?
- 1.2.3 What factors should I consider when choosing a good esports betting site for Dota 2?
- 1.2.4 What kind of special bets can I place on Dota 2?
- 1.2.5 Is live/in-play betting on Dota 2 matches profitable?
- 1.2.6 Is Dota 2 betting addictive?
- 1.2.7 What is the minimum age to bet on Dota 2?
- 1.2.8 Can I bet on Dota 2 matches from my country?
- 1.2.9 Can I bet on Dota 2 matches using cryptocurrencies?
- 1.2.10 Can I place a bet on a specific player or team?
- 1.2.11 How do I know if a Dota 2 betting site is legitimate?
- 1.2.12 How can I keep track of my Dota 2 betting history?
- 1.2.13 How do I withdraw my winnings from a Dota 2 bet?
- 1.2.14 What is the best Dota 2 betting site?
- 1.2.15 Can I get a bonus for signing up on a Dota 2 betting site?
- 1.2.16 How do I place a live bet on a Dota 2 match?
- 1.2.17 Can I place a bet on the outcome of a Dota 2 tournament?
- 1.2.18 How do I get started with Dota 2 betting?
- 1.2.19 Is it legal to bet on Dota 2 matches?
- 1.2.20 How do I know if I’m winning or losing on my Dota 2 bets?
Dota 2 is the premier MOBA title published and developed by Valve. Usually played in matches between ten players, controlling unique heroes, with unique abilities with the single goal of destroying the opposing team structures. The team that destroys the opposing team’s “Ancient” is the victor. Dota 2 is a premier esports title, featuring some of the biggest esports prize pools to date. Every tournament attracts thousands of fans and spectators, while Dota 2 betting is one of the biggest esports betting markets out there.
TOP DOTA2 BETTING SITES
[shortcode_esportbonus_run layout=6 data=mt_bonus limit=4 link=’/en/bonuses/’]
Dota2 –Introduction to eSports Betting
Dota 2 is one of the most popular Multiplayer-Online-Battle-Arena games of our time. It is a real-time strategy game, developed by Valve, a sequel to the well-known game `Defence of the Ancients`, which was playable for the first time in Warcraft III. With more than 13 million players worldwide, Dota 2 is the most played game on the games-platform Steam. The leading developers of `Ice Frog` began with modifications in 2005 and have been driving the development of the game further since. There are many Dota variants on the market, although Dota Allstars is by far the most developed and most popular. The sequel, Dota 2 premiered in July 2013 as standalone game and since then has enthralled millions. But what makes Dota 2 so popular that even sports betting and capacity filled arenas generate so much attention on the gaming scene and in the mainstream public? Here we explain the phenomenon of Dota 2 in a little more detail:
Game mechanics –How is Dota 2 played?
As already mentioned, Dota 2 is distributed over the platform Steam. Like League of Legends, this MOBA is also free-to-play. It can be downloaded and played for free. `Skins` (the appearance of the heroes) are available to buy.
Dota 2 is quick and easy to explain, if one has any experience with Multiplayer-Online-Battle-Arena games. Before the game begins, each player picks a hero. These heroes each have specific skills and characteristics which give them their individuality. Currently, players can choose from 113 heroes, who each have individual skills at their disposal.
Each team is made up of five players, who control their heroes from a birds eye view. The goal of the game is to destroy the enemy `Ancient`, the main structure defended by the opposition, whilst defending one’s own Ancient. On the way to the opposition’s base, there are naturally other challenges to overcome. The map is divided into three lanes, the middle, top and bottom lane. As their names suggest, the top lane is found at the top of the map, while the bottom lane is the lower lane. On these lanes are found `creeps´, computer generated entities, who are all equally strong, so as not to have an advantage. Killing these monsters earns the hero experience and gold, which can be used to equip himself with special materials or objects that make him grow stronger
The direct way to the opposition´s base is blocked by defensive towers and need to be destroyed, with or without the help of creeps, who can absorb for the player the great deal of harm that such a tower can inflict. Naturally the opposing hero tries to stop your progress down the lane. The destruction of a hero or a tower, are rewarded with experience points and gold.
After you have destroyed the three towers, an unprotected barracks stands in your way. After the destruction of this building, your creeps increase in strength and can attack more fiercely and create more damage. The Ancient is guarded by a further two towers and is the most difficult entity on the map, which takes skilful playing dexterity to crack.
The map is designed and constructed so that no team has an advantage over the other, and it is only skill and tactics which play a role in victory.
General Introduction to betting on the game
Since Dota 2 has gained such worldwide success, in time bookmakers have also come on board, and now offer betting opportunities on different tournaments and events, in which top teams play for prestige and prize money in the millions.
Such tournaments usually play out not only in front of a live public, in sold out arenas, but fevered fans can also stream the game live, glued to their screens at home.. With well over 13 million players, Dota 2 has become a brand, and fans are prepared to pay money to become part of a team, thereby supporting it.
As already mentioned, bookmakers have climbed on board the train of successful MOBAs, and are offering sports betting, and paying out in real money or skins (outward appearance of a character)
Sports betting has been around for ages, however since the rise of the internet, sports betting portals have been offering online betting opportunities. This saves you a journey to the betting shop, or from picking up the telephone, when you want to place a bet.
[shortcode_esportbonus_run layout=7 data=mt_bonus col=2 limit=2 link=’/en/bookmakers/’]
[shortcode_esportbonus_run layout=7 data=mt_bonus col=3 limit=3 link=’/en/bookmakers/’]
Where can I bet online on Dota 2?
There are as many bookmakers as sand on the seashore, however, some bookmakers have really specialised on eSports and therefore offer a wider range of betting opportunities. Along with dedicated eSport bookmakers, there are also other providers who offer eSports as a side-line to other sports like football, handball, basketball etc. Possibly, the range of eSport betting offered by these providers will be less diverse than providers solely dedicated to eSports.
To provide you with a few contenders, we have examined a range of bookmakers, and found the best five for you:
- Bet365 – This British sports betting provider is one of the most successful in the online betting segment. Along with numerous live events and Leagues on offer, Bet365 has taken note of the eSport phenomenon, and consequently added it to its portfolio.
- Betway – Betway is also not a dedicated eSports provider, and mainly offers ball game based betting such as football, tennis etc. However betway has a very accessible section of its website exclusively for eSport betting.
- eGamingBets – A newcomer, but dedicated solely to eSport betting, which covers almost all tournaments. The range of possible bets is also what makes this bookmaker so attractive to sports betting fans of electronic sport.
- Pinnacle – One of the best bookmakers in our opinion. It is known for its above average high odds, and it is a bookmaker where you should have an account.
- Bet at Home – You are probably already aware of this bookmaker – TV and stadium advertising, and emblazoned onto football strips, it promotes itself publicly on a broad scale. Nowadays Bet at Home also offers eSport betting.
- Nordicbet – Nordicbet is owned by the Betsson Group, and therefore there is no need to worry about the security of this bookmaker. As well as Dota2, this bookmakers offers bets on other electronic games. This bookmaker is particularly attractive due to a great variety of Boni, (bonuses) which are continuously unexpectedly on offer.
- gg.bet is naturally also in our sights in our overview of betting providers offering Dota2 betting opportunities. The pure eSports bookmaker has a large variety of tournaments on offer. However Wetten.com or 10.bet also have offers ready for this beloved MOBA during large tournaments.
When can bets be placed?
The main focus of bookmakers are naturally on especially large tournaments. However smaller tournaments are also finding a place, as betting on eSport events is increasingly being used as a way of using knowledge of a team to make money. To give you an overview over the largest tournaments, we have put this list together:
- The Internationals – the largest and best known electronic games tournament worldwide. A Dota World Championship first took place in 2011, with prize money of 1 600 000 US Dollars. Six years later, the tournament has grown into such a mega event that in 2016 the total prize money, divided between the teams, topped 18 000 000 US Dollars. Evil Geniuses won the tournament and along with a trophy, pocketed winnings of 6 600 000 US Dollars. This year too, the World Championships is the main highlight for the fan base.
- Dota 2 Asian Championships – This championship, which takes place is Asia, also attracts a lot of attention, as with the World Championships, only the best teams on the world are invited. Whilst in 2015, the prize money topped over a million US dollars, this year it has been greatly reduced.
- Dota Major Championships – This series of tournaments takes place in a variety of cities. Valve organises these tournaments several times a year.
- The Summit / Dota Summit – Since 2014 Beyond the Summit have been organising this series of tournaments. Two tournaments a year take place, with the best teams participating.
- EPICENTRE, SL i-League and DreamLeague – These three tournaments also belong to the largest events of the Dota 2 scene and often attract the best teams in the world.
For these tournaments you will find the games available for betting with all of the bookmakers mentioned above.
What type of bets can be placed?
Because with Dota 2, many scenarios are possible, the game is offered by most bookmakers with a similar breadth of betting opportunities, comparable to other sport types. The punter really has open field, and diverse betting opportunities are available:
- Winner-or-Loser Bets – the most common variety on offer by bookmakers
- First tower destruction – which team destroys the first tower
- Exact outcome of the game (for instance in a best of three, in which a team has to win at least two maps)
- Map betting – betting on individual maps within a best of series
- Team handicap – a team starts at a disadvantage on the map and must make up for it
- First kill – the first team to kill an opponent
- Over and Under Betting – here one bets over or under a number given by the bookmaker. For an example we can take victories. The bookmaker speculates, that Team A will win at least one map. You must decide if you agree (over bet) or if you think this team will fail to win any maps (under bet).
With every bet you need to be aware of what exactly you are betting on. Consider carefully, which bets you want to place,
With what do you bet?
Most bookmakers offer bets in your previously selected currency. A few bookmakers also offer skins as currency. Different skins have varying values. With these skins one can bet in the same way as with real money. Having said this, betting with skins is also only allowed from 18 years.
What should one take note of when betting on eSports?
Different things are important to note before a bet is placed:
- Knowledge of the game – if you are unfamiliar with Dota 2, you should watch the game carefully before betting
- Team knowledge – Current substitutions or new players
- Specifically at the beginning, one should start slowly to get to know the genre
- Know the betting types – when you are for instance confused between an over an over or under bet, the disappointment is great.
LIVE MATCHES AND ODDS – BET NOW AND GET 100% UP TO 500€
Dota 2 esports Betting explained
Are you tired of traditional sports betting? Are you ready to take your gambling to the next level? Look no further than Dota 2 betting!
First things first, what is Dota 2? It’s a free-to-play video game created and published by Valve Corporation, and it’s one of the most successful esports games ever. Think of it like a virtual version of capture the flag, but with wizards and dragons instead of flags and regular people. It’s also one of the biggest MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) games out there, with over 10 million active players. Basically, it’s a nerd’s dream come true.
So why should you consider Dota 2 betting? For starters, it’s incredibly fun to watch. The gameplay is fast-paced and action-packed, and the matches are filled with unexpected twists and turns. Plus, there’s nothing quite like the thrill of cheering on your favorite team as they battle for victory. But let’s be real, the main reason to consider Dota 2 betting is the potential for profit. With so many active players, there’s a huge market for betting on Dota 2 matches. And with the constantly evolving meta and unpredictable nature of the game, the odds can be in your favor if you do your research.
But before you go throwing all your money at the screen, there are a few things you should consider. When choosing a good esports betting site, it’s important to look at factors such as esports coverage, customer support, and best esports odds. Trust us, there’s nothing worse than placing a bet and then realizing the site doesn’t even cover Dota 2. And when it comes to customer support, you want to make sure they’re responsive and helpful in case of any issues.
Also, be sure to keep an eye out for special bets. Right now, there are over 30 different Dota 2 special bets you can place, from the outcome of individual matches to the winner of the entire tournament. And don’t underestimate the power of live/in-play betting. Placing live bets on Dota 2 matches can be highly profitable if you have a keen eye for team drafts.
But perhaps the most important thing to remember when it comes to Dota 2 betting is to never bet more than you can afford to lose. Gambling can be addictive, and it’s important to set limits for yourself and stick to them.
So there you have it, the fine art of throwing money at a screen. Whether you’re a seasoned gambler or a Dota 2 newbie, there’s never been a better time to get in on the action. Just remember to do your research, set limits, and most importantly, have fun!
Dota 2 Betting FAQ:
What is Dota 2?
Dota 2 is a free-to-play video game created and published by Valve Corporation. It’s one of the most successful esports games ever and it’s one of the biggest MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) games out there with over 10 million active players.
Why should I consider Dota 2 betting?
Dota 2 betting can be fun and it also has the potential for profit. With so many active players, there’s a huge market for betting on Dota 2 matches. And with the constantly evolving meta and unpredictable nature of the game, the odds can be in your favor if you do your research.
What factors should I consider when choosing a good esports betting site for Dota 2?
When choosing a good esports betting site, it’s important to consider factors such as esports coverage, customer support, and best esports odds.
What kind of special bets can I place on Dota 2?
Currently, there are over 30 different Dota 2 special bets you can place, from the outcome of individual matches to the winner of the entire tournament.
Is live/in-play betting on Dota 2 matches profitable?
Placing live bets on Dota 2 matches can be highly profitable if you have a keen eye for team drafts.
Is Dota 2 betting addictive?
Gambling can be addictive, and it’s important to set limits for yourself and stick to them.
What is the minimum age to bet on Dota 2?
The minimum age to bet on Dota 2 is 18 years old.
Can I bet on Dota 2 matches from my country?
It depends on the legal restrictions of your country, be sure to check the laws and regulations of your country before placing a bet.
Can I bet on Dota 2 matches using cryptocurrencies?
Some esports betting sites accept cryptocurrencies as a form of payment, check with the specific site you are using to confirm.
Can I place a bet on a specific player or team?
Yes, you can place a bet on a specific player or team to win a match or tournament.
How do I know if a Dota 2 betting site is legitimate?
You can check for reviews and testimonials from other users, and also check if the site is licensed and regulated by a reputable organization.
How can I keep track of my Dota 2 betting history?
Most esports betting sites will provide you with a record of your betting history, you can also keep track of it by keeping records yourself.
How do I withdraw my winnings from a Dota 2 bet?
The process of withdrawing winnings will vary depending on the site you are using, be sure to check the terms and conditions and follow the proper steps.
What is the best Dota 2 betting site?
It depends on individual preferences, it’s recommended to do your own research and compare different sites to find the one that best suits your needs.
Can I get a bonus for signing up on a Dota 2 betting site?
Some esports betting sites offer bonuses for signing up, be sure to check the terms and conditions before signing up.
How do I place a live bet on a Dota 2 match?
The process of placing a live bet will vary depending on the site you are using, be sure to check the terms and conditions and follow the proper steps.
Can I place a bet on the outcome of a Dota 2 tournament?
Yes, you can place a bet on the outcome of a Dota 2 tournament.
How do I get started with Dota 2 betting?
You can get started by researching and finding a reputable esports betting site that covers Dota 2, then creating an account and placing a bet.
Is it legal to bet on Dota 2 matches?
It depends on the laws and regulations of your country, be sure to check the laws and regulations of your country before placing a bet.
How do I know if I’m winning or losing on my Dota 2 bets?
You can check your betting history on the esports betting site you are using, or keep track of it by keeping records yourself.